DefenseWall HIPS for Free on Dec 10-12, 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LoneWolf, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

If you mean Forecast can't update it's data and working wrong, get DW's logs on the issue ("Events log"->"Export") and send it to me. If you mean it can't update its code- that's normal, untrusted processes can't update FF plugins.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. Ilya Rabinovich

Yes, it does.

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Negative. Whitelisting, interactive zone's control dialog, code and initial settings improvements, system restart control, screen access exceptions, skinning.

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Yes, you are correct.

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Thank you Ilya, and good luck with the new version.

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I got one more thing to say about this deal.......

Thank you Ilya

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Thank you!

8. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Thanks chachazz - I will try running as trusted. With regards to excluding the file, as far as I can make out it's already in the Excluded list: I have something called "forecastbar\cache\feed-default-1.js", which I assume is the correct file?

Yes Ilya - I didn't explain myself properly. Forecast can't update it's data when Firefox loads, not the actual add-on updating itself. It's as though it's being blocked. I get a progress bar, but no data actually appears. I'll send you the log file.

Thanks to everyone for the help :thumb:

9. Ilya Rabinovich

Check my e-mail...

10. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Registered Member

I'm not familiar with DefenseWall or with HIPS in general so let me ask the simplest, most basic question...

When an application is running as "Untrusted" what does that imply about it?

Is that like putting a wrapper around the application that keeps it away from accessing or changing certain things on the computer?

Or to ask the flip side of the question, if you run an application as "Trusted" does that let it run normally as though you did not have DefenseWall at all?

That's the impression I get. When an app is "Untrusted" it runs sorta, kinda like it were in a sandbox. Or you can restart the same app as "Trusted" and it runs wide open like normal. Is that close?

11. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I think you have done a pretty good job of summing just how Defensewall works yourself Brent :)
    Explained it a lot better than i could have.

12. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

What happens if our hard drive fails, say, a month from now and we have a separate backup of the Gizmo Giveaway Defensewall files. Can we re-install Defensewall to the new hard drive without any license issues?

Thanks in Advance.

13. clocks

clocks Registered Member

So even though the Gizmo site says it is from Dec 10-12, it is really "ongoing", assuming someone can find the zipped file with the special key?

I downloaded it, but have not yet installed it, as it seem like I can do it at my leisure.

14. Ilya Rabinovich

Yes, you are correct.

15. Ilya Rabinovich

Yes, that's why V3 is coming soon. There are many improvements and regular work simplification tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.