DefenseWall HIPS Coming to Bits du Jour

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chinook9, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Bits du Jour is indicating it will soon have DefenseWall HIPS available at a 50% discount....only $14.97...and it has unequalled support from Ilya, the developer.

If you don't know much about DefenseWall, read up on it. Its a "must have" for me.

2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

That would be quite a good deal for $14.97. I'd go for it if I didn't already have a license. Renewal of DefenseWall is quite painless as well. Something like $11.00, at least for me.

Two of my "just gotta have" while running Windows 7 is Sandboxie and DefenseWall.

I'm looking forward to DefenseWall 64 bit when it arrives (hopefully not too far off in the future).

Later...

Bob

3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Tempting... Although I'd have no use for it currently on 64-bit Windows.

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good deal:thumb:

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

in the near future the developer will have no choice but to develop a 64bit version as 32bit machines will be slowly petered out in favour of 64bit.
    I would sincerely hope a 64bit version is around the corner.
    Regards.:thumb:

6. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

No x64 support no deal !

7. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

8. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Is DW a once only fee? I see its $11 per year thereafter for hips. Does that mean the HIPS ceases if no ongoing fee paid or is one is just stuck with an older working version in this case 3.19 hips?

9. chinook9

It will continue to work. You just will not be entitled to upgrades. I still have an old 2.56 version on a VM working just fine.

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Man that's tempting for 14.97. I already have sandboxie so I really don't need defensewall too. Of course 14.97 isn't that much. Hmmmm. What to do.

11. chinook9

I use both Sandboxie and DefenseWall. I haven't had malware that I can remember and I visit some dicey sites.

12. kjdemuth

I just don't like the delay. I get a delay from sandboxie and from defensewall. I'm almost afraid to try the both of them together.

13. Tempting, but as others have said where is/how far away is the 64bit version?

14. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I had 'em running together for 2 days this week. Didn't notice any extra weight or delay. WinXP.

15. kjdemuth

Well it has been a while since I've run them together or even solo for that matter. I might have to revisit the stellar combo. Its a great combo other than defensewall/shadow defender.

16. kjdemuth

Boy that didn't last long. It's already expired. I didn't even get a chance to get a license. Grrr. Oh well I'm sure there will another discount soon.

17. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

DefenseWall special deals, like the one from Bits du Jour, are far and few in between. I was surprised to see this one.

BTW, if you have a license and it expires DefenseWall will start popping up a notification informing you of that fact every time you boot up, but it's still fully functional. It's a little annoying, and there's no way to turn it off. It didn't take too long before I renewed my license. But, hey, it's DefenseWall.

Later...

18. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Weird. It shouldn't be this way. Mail me to support [at ] softsphere [dot] com and I'll send you 30-days key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.