defensewall.exe high cpu usage, how to reduce it?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was puzzled why is it that defensewall.exe goes to high cpu usage. I could not figure it out how to reduce its cpu usage. :'(

Any advice and suggestions? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Probably software conflict? :)

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Hi sweater,

Why are you running USB Disk Security while DWPF already protect you against USB/removal devices infections? Programs running from USB are contained within DWPF and you always have an option to rollback (complete/partial).

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

It's definitely something wrong here. Try to do following:

1. Exit DW's GUI (or terminate its process with Task Manager).
    2. Find defensewall_log2.log file at your hard drive(s) and delete it.
    3. Start DW's GUI process again and check CPU usage.
    4. Report if you still find high CPU usage of defensewall.exe.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Problem solved. Cpu usage of it is now averages from 00 - 08. ;)

I've just remembered that when I installed the latest version of USB Disk Security v6 it wants to connect and update and DWPF pops up a dialog box and then I click block. Then it was automatically added to the untrusted list. Then I go to the limited acct to surf the web, that's when I notices the high cpu usage of my pc (I have firefox addons System Monitor) and when I check it on the Task Manager it's defensewall.exe. Then the next day I remembered that it's probably the newly installed software program, so I just go and removed the USB Disk Security in the untrusted list and hit apply. After that cpu usage just returned to normal.

But still, not 100% sure if it's really the main cause of that high cpu usage of defensewall.exe.

My pc cpu was now normal, but are there any other things that could possibly cause DWPF to consume high cpu cycle other than what I've mentioned above?

Any other suggestions or some kind of "maintenance" clean up, checking, whatever to make DWPF always in a tiptop conditioned? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.