DefenseWall conflict with hibernation?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kvernick, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvernick

kvernick Registered Member

This is strange.

I use paid DW on my desktop and like it. I installed the trial (v1.74) on my laptop b/c I had to uninstall Greenborder (another story...). Now, with DW my laptop (Vaio, XP pro) would no longer hibernate. Well, it looked like it was hibernating, but then turning back on from hibernate it would completely re-boot as if it had been shut down. I disabled DW, it didn't make any difference, still no hibernate. Uninstall DW, now hibernates properly again.

I never hibernate my desktop so I never would have noticed this and wouldn't really care. But I use hibernate all the time on my laptop, which is why I knew when it stopped working and exactly why.

Anybody else notice this, or any suggestions how I can run DW on my laptop. Does a common conflict with DW cause this? There was no error message or anything, hibernarte was enabled in xp power settings, turned off all other security software and still no help. Presence or absence of DW was the only thing that made a difference.

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Write me to support [at] softsphere [dot] com.

3. kvernick

kvernick Registered Member

OK, the updated driver is great! Now no longer conflict with hibernation, or anything else that I can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.