DefenseWall and Sandboxie-than and now...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CoolWebSearch, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Hi, everybody. I just saw an old Ilya's statement for DW from 2006.:
    "Well, as I've already mentioned, DefenseWall is the part of "protection-in-depth" conception. Nothing more and nothing less. There is no Internet connections and traffic control system, for instance (that is why many of the backdoors tests are failed, same with browser hijack). As about keylogers- well, that is correct, that is a huge problem under the Windows architecture. I still don't understand if it is possible to fix it. That is the problem for all the HIPS, even for the so old one as ProcessGuard (NIcM have mailed me that it doesn't block hidden keyloggers during his tests).

As about "advanced user"- well, the fact is that "advanced" is not the person who knows everything (it is impossible), but the one who understand that their knowlege is incomplene and ready to learn something new every day. The same with the "professinals"- many of them think that they know everything about something (computer security, for instance) and don't want to learn every day any more. But if you ask him any non-standard questions- they won't answer or their answer will be sounds like "you are too naive, you do understand nothing in it". I know that my knowlege is incomplete and I'm ready to learn every day, to dig inside the Windows core, to answer on everyday life's chellange."

Are today's DW and SBIE better in protection against these malwares?
    Here is the link for old DW:
    http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39395

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I would say Ilya seems to be doing exactly what he said in his quote. I have not come across any POC or in the wild malware that can breach DW. I'm not saying they don't exist but, I haven't found any or know of anyone who has.

3. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

You're right, while SBIE has been bypassed (I guess), I mean on the previous versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.