Defense+/Defensewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by nineine, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineine

nineine Registered Member

Hey guys,

Would Comodo FW with Defense+ conflict with DefenseWall? I want to use both of these together along with sandboxie. If you think they would conflict, is there a way to configure them so that they wont?

-thanks, nineine

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

No conflicts should be expected.

3. nineine

Wow, first response from the dev himself! Awesome! Thanks a lot Ilya. Ill be sure to post back here once I have this setup and/or if I have any issues.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

DefenseWall - Comodo

Well you only need Comodo until december this year. Problably end 2009 DW V3 with FireWall will be available. When you have decided for Comodo based on Matousec tests, then DW V3 will take away all reasons to have Comodo FW on board.

DefenseWall - Sandboxie

Until COmodo's TIME machine comes out of beta, you will have a use for Sandboxie PAID, after official release of Comodo's Time Machine, you do not need SBIE paid.

Only run your browser Sandboxed with SBIE FREE (and make sure downloaded files are saved permanently). DW will protect the downloadedfiles by containing them in a stronger than LUA environment, You will have your browser cleaned back to initial state it had automatically (due to SBIE Free) and have your browsing session double protected (policy and virtualisation sandbox).

Until Comodo's Time Machine comes out of beta, you might consider Sandboxie PAID. SBIE paid version offers the Forced Folders options. Simply exclude the forced folder of SBIE from protection by DW.

DW V3 uses whitelisting (auto allows installs for known good)
    Installations not working correctly (not a known good) with DW3, you can move to the forced folder of SBIE paid, install and try out without any risk. When Comodo's Time Machine comes out of beta, Time Machine offers simular functionality. You can revert back to a date/time when the program was installed (sort of enhanced restore point of Windows)

DefenseWall - AV's
    With DW V3 you really do not need a realtime AV or software FW anymore. A2Free with this shortcut executed as a scheduled task ("C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2cmd.exe" /U) will update A2. You can manually check downloaded files you would like to install or check external documents you send to friends by mail, etc.

Regards Kees

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Nineine, Ilya is top notch when it comes to supporting his baby.

6. nineine

Great info there Kees! I will be using DW with SB and I will try DW V3 when it comes out. Im also considering adding Defense+ with A2Free into the picture or maybe OA++.

What about DefenseWall with OA++? Same deal goes for that?

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

There was a conflict, but we (with Mike Nash) have fixed it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.