DefenceWAll- when will be the website updated?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It really looks non-impressive. I wonder when Ilya is going to improve it. It has been asked so many times and still the same.

BTW out of all sandoxes, I must say DW has the most un-impressive website while BufferZone has the most impressive one.

What do u people think? I know it does not matter for us who know but wat for ordinary users?

2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I don't know... SBIE website is also very unimpressive. Gladly the websites are not a reflection of what the apps are :D

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I just have no time. If anybody can help me with it- welcome.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Doesn't matter to me how a website looks. I'm only interested in the software and above all its limitations and shortcomings.
    I prefer a sober website, rather than all these graphic gadgets.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Pretty websites graphics dont make a product good.I prefer the time and effort put forth a great security product like DefenseWall,Who really cares what the site looks like it will not be my default Home page.:rolleyes:

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You people strated posting without bothering to read my post well.
    @ Eric

By the way, the web site of DW is Sober if a small font and crowded writing is the criteria to be sober.

7. Dark Shadow

aigle,I did read your post but my post was just MO.I did not mean it to be sarcastic towards you post.That said, I think I see your point where as less attractive website may turn off the newbie or average user thats not sure of the product it self. In turn it may draw Him or here to the Eye candy sites where the product may be inferior or rogue of course not the case with bufferzone.Anyways bufferzone site is awsome No doubt and others can stand to improve there appearance.cheers

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm never impressed by graphical gadgetry on a website, it distracts me too much.
    I always get suspicious and think : "What are they trying to hide behind all that beauty ?"
    Make a show on TV, not on a website and certainly not on a website about software.

If ordinary users are impressed by this, I wonder if they are really interested in the software itself.
    A better show doesn't make me buy a software. A fancy GUI makes me feel suspicious too.

At work, I have a similar problem with vendors of softwares on mainframes.
    They invite me for a free drink or a free diner or they give me presents, all this to make me willing to say a better word about their software to my boss, because I do the testing.
    I play the game, but it will never influence my judgement.
    The next day, after a free diner, I say NO, if the software isn't good enough.

IBM always tries to fool me with beautiful, well-prepared and fast demos of softwares. Then I ask to do this and that, which isn't prepared of course and then I see the real truth behind the software.
    It's always the same : show and talk. :)

9. Dark Shadow

Erik that is the truth, I do the same in my work 10 yrs of Security systems for Home,small buisiness,commercial.Every time a sales pitch of a new greater thing such as CCTV,Card Access,Cameras,Fire,burglar devices etc etc,I will ask technical question and Test them.About 90 percent of the time I find Holes And show how they will fail to a expert thief or a serious fire.They talk a good game about the products but real world condition they are not as good as they sound or appear on paper .athough a different animal same principal.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So true and this is bad business practice of modern day. I hate these free drinks n dinners etc etc and try to avoid them like any thing.

Only one differece that I do like ( graphical) beauty. It,s an extra plus if product is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.