Default Setting of Spybot Search & Destroy - FAULTY

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Blackspear, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Does anyone know why from a fresh install of Spybot Search and Destroy v1.3 that its settings have Set NOT to Detect the following:

Lsp.New.net
    MySearch
    New.net
    SideStep

This is not on a single install, this is on EVERY fresh install of the latest version...

Cheers :D

2. lonewolf3367

lonewolf3367 Guest

In my version of Spybot 1.3 they all are checked in the ignore products list. And i have no idea why.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Patric (PepiMK)....the author of Spybot mention's those in the link below.

This link---> spybot1.3 ignore list

Bubba

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thanks for that, it was a little disconcerting to see them there... :rolleyes:

Cheers :D

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome and because of folks like Patrick putting pressure via their programs on some of these companies....We have a few less shady business practices. Even SideStep is changing it's ways to some degree.

Bubba

6. Emoticon Man

Emoticon Man Registered Member

Personally, I think there would be a much better way of handling this though. Perhaps there could be some sort of warning that that while the programs might be at present considered malware, that one should check at the net-integration forum to see whether the respective companies have changed their practices before deletion?

7. I agree with you. I mean, how do we know that the practices accepted by some are the same practices we would accept to ourselves? An "alert" would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.