Default Blocking ip address with eset smart security?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tlai, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlai

tlai Registered Member

Hi, does anyone know how to do this? im using eset smart security 3. something and when i add them to personal firewall>configure rules and zones and add them to the rules with protocol TCP & UDP it doesnt seem to be blocking them.

I want to be able to download off them but dont want them to download/see me. What do i need to configure as i'm sure it possible.

Thanks.

2. rubifibi

rubifibi Registered Member

There's no way you can connect to other computer without them "seeing" you.

3. tlai

tlai Registered Member

Cant u just block their ip for them going in, but still allow access for out?

Say they can see my files, as long as they cant open them/access them that's okay.

edit: i mean doesn't matter if they can see me connected to them, i just want to block them from accessing my files but i can still connect to them.

4. rubifibi

rubifibi Registered Member

Unless your system is compromised, they can't access your files unless you actively enabled some sort of filesharing.

Blocking access in that case might be possible, but depends on the filesharing protocol.

5. tlai

tlai Registered Member

Yes ive turned on windows file sharing mode in the firewall.

6. tlai

tlai Registered Member

Anyone? should be a simple thing..

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If your computer connects to another computer on the Internet then it will receive the IP address of your public network connection, otherwise it would not know where to the data back your computer is requesting.

If you are you trying to mask your Internet connection so that the remote computer cannot see your public IP address then you will need to use an anonymization service.

ESET does not provide this type of service.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.