Def updates, NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nixie21, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

I am trying out NOD32 and I think I like it A LOT....

When it runs update on Auto server, it does not update, it says I do not need update, when I choose a server it updates right away, any ideas??

Thanks

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Are you trying out the trial?
    It has update issues because paying costumers has first priority.
    If you upgrade to the paid version you won't have any update issues at all.

3. nixie21

Yes, it is the trial.... Thanks

4. nixie21

Ok, but now I have the defs from the 22nd, and there were updates on the 23rd and 24th, but it will not update at all on any server? Any ideas?

I finally got it by trying every server over and over... is the trial that far behind on priority?
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  5. pipester

pipester Guest

I have never understood why trial users of NOD32 get less priority when it comes to updates, over subscribers. To me, this does not seem conducive to new sales growth. I don't remember having these update issues when I tried NOD32 or I would not have purchased it, the ability of the software to keep itself updated properly is crucial imo, whether your a trial user or subscriber.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I doubt it's caused by a lower priority for trial users, the servers shouldn't be overloaded at the Xmass time.

7. pipester

pipester Guest

I would like to think all users of NOD32 have equal access to available updates, whether trial user or subscriber. NOD32 is updating fine for me, perhaps nixie21 has a corrupted download or other problem. Hope it gets resolved, NOD32 is a superb antivirus.

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi nixie21,
    Could you post the result after you visit http://all-nettools.com/pr.php just to see if it could possibly be a proxy cache issue is at fault?

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  9. rockdj99uk

rockdj99uk Registered Member

I am having the same problem where Nod 32 will not update since the 22nd December. I am a paid up subscriber until 29th October 2007.
    I sent them a ticket via website and they just emailed me back with my previous subscription details telling me my subscription has expired!!!
    Obviously my previous subscription has expired but these were not the details I entered on the support webpage. This is the first time I have used support and I have been using Nod32 for years. All I can say is if this is how support just fob you off then I will not be renewing or recommending Nod32 again.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

11. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Anyone that wants details of the latest definitions updates can subscribe to the email notification service provided by the UK reseller (its emails sometimes arrive before the details appear in the Updates thread here at Wilders!); https://secure.eset.co.uk/forms/threatalerts.asp

12. thepacingman

thepacingman Registered Member

Same problem here. Paid up till March 7. Definitions are stuck on v1933 and i see the latest is v1939. I have my update set to 'choose automatically'. The log says statistical information is being sent but no update is done. When i do a manual update, it says all is up to date when clearly it is not. This is not good. No program should tell you it is up to date when it is not.

Is the problem at my end or with the Eset servers "again"? Thanks.

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please check the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for Broadband ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Broadband Wireless/Dialup.

Check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this NOD32 will update unless a firewall is blocking the Internet connection for NOD32.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

14. thepacingman

BS

No luck still with the update. All my settings are as you say. Didn't need to change any. I use ZoneAlarm firewall and nod is set as a trusted application. Also quit ZA and run manual update, still didn't update.

Could a reinstall be the answer??

15. Blackspear

Yes, please try that, as there is no reason for an update not to come through.

16. nixie21

All settings are as you say.. No proxy... Even today I was not updated for the 25th and 26th... clicked update 10 times and finally got an update...

o_OThanks

17. Blackspear

Check your "Private Messages".

18. thepacingman

Did a reinstall and it has updated to 1939. So far, so good. Let's now wait and see whether it will update normally or not. Time will tell!!!!!!!!

19. rockdj99uk

rockdj99uk Registered Member

OK, after searching through this forum and finding that this problem isn't new I found that I was missing the folder C:\WINDOWS\TEMP. Created a new folder and ensured it had the required permissions, i.e. not read only, etc and bingo, it updated immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.