Deep System Explorer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Just received this from DiamondCS:

"As an existing customer and/or newsletter list member we thought you might like to know that our powerful new anti-rootkit/anti-hook system Deep System Explorer is now into its second public Beta stage, and is available for public download! The download is fully functional, allowing you to try out all aspects of the program. See the official Deep System Explorer website for more details"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've just got it too. What I really find incredible about whoever is running DiamondCS, is that they've got the nerve to send me(and many others I guess) a promotional e-mail (therefore aknowledging I'm an existing customer), and at the same time erasing any previous contact with old customers (I can't get anymore my PG license).

I'm surprised how Wilders' management still allows threads about this rogue company.

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Highly suspect, but maybe not "rogue" yet. I still am using Wormguard, but no longer using ProcessGuard. Interesting though that just when you thought it was over with DiamondCS reappears for a brief moment.

4. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all,

If its any interest, I downloaded DSE and attempted a scan. A little way into the scan the Application had to close. This happened twice.
    I had installed DSE onto a pristine installation of XP Pro together with some basic drivers - I will say no more.

marserobert

5. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

I was game.

I installed DSE 1.0.498 Beta 2 today on XP Home SP3 and found DSE could complete all the scans it does.

Appears to work as expected on my computer.

I did notice that oaserv.exe [OA Beta 2.1.0.57] ran at 90-99% CPU while the check for hidden ports was running, but the scan completed after about 5 mins [I wasn't timing exactly].

rgds

Chalawah

6. Get

Get Guest

Is there a rule you can't discuss rogue software? As long as it's not advertised as being ok, there's nothing wrong with it i guess. Only when a "DCS-person" posts or opens a topic I would remove it if i was in charge here.

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Look folks, here's the drill....

1. The thread has a topic, please refrain from pulling in topics unrelated to the thread and please take a moment to consider the full meaning of the terminology that you choose to employ in discussing products and vendors.

2. Moderation decisions aren't up for public discussion/debate/etc.. The vendor providing DSE has had mixed recent results from a customer support perspective. Many smaller vendors are similar. Plan and act accordingly.

Now - back on topic or thread closed.

Blue

8. Get

Get Guest

Mixed recent results ..:eek: You must be joking i'm sure :D. The whole DCS-story is crystalclear and Wilders not acting upon it should be up for debate on Wilders whenever wildersmembers want to. That's not decided by mods. This is i gather a free forum and not the host for the next olympics. If this is not a free forum then i'll end my membership. That's not up for public debate :p.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Get, this is a free forum in terms of cost, but not in terms of free speech in the sense you can do what you want. When you signed up you agreed to the Terms of Service. This are rules that are made and enforced by the owner/management.

If you now feel they are too restrictive for you that is your choice, but they are not open to debate. Period.

Pete

10. Get

Get Guest

When it's about free speech i don't compromise, so period indeed. Bye.

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There is no need to have multiple threads on this topic. The email recently sent out by DCS is being discussed in the ongoing "DiamondCS..." thread, starting on this page of that thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=185994&page=16

Wilders Security position all along, and stated many times in that thread, is to use caution. We terminated the DCS Forums here for reasons clearly stated in this announcement. DCS no longer has forum support here at Wilders Security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.