Deep Freeze 7.5 Released to public

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by genieautravail, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

RSS 2012 does sound interesting; is it close to being released? Until I encountered a serious problem while using RollBack Rx I found having a snapshot capability along with a virtual state (SD) quite useful.

TS

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I don't know how close it is to being released. RSS 2012 snapshot technology is based on Returnil's virtualization technology. Whilst functionally similar to Rollback RX, the technical implementation is quite different. To avoid taking this thread off topic, I suggest visiting the Returnil forums where you will be able to ask any questions you may have. :)

Kind regards

3. coffeetime

coffeetime Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  4. daray

daray Registered Member

Yes, and exactly the same causes too. The BSOD points to DfDiskLow.sys.

5. coffeetime

Yup DfDiskLow.sys.

Emailed Faronics, didn't get any useful response, like if the BSOD DfDiskLow.sys will be fixed in next release.

Support just gave a link to the Enterprise 7.5 version (I use standard) to try which made the same BSOD. It was also a buggy Enterprise version, couldn't get into thawed state as it was password locked which I never set for it. Had to restore OS from backup image...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So it this BSOD problem with the new version of Deep Freeze only happening to folks using external hard drives?

7. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

Im using flash drives, not a single BSOD. Are you using hard drive or solid state?

8. coffeetime

Yes BSOD with external hard drives by USB (3.0) or eSata. Only happens after you're done using the drives and turn them off or disconnecting you get BSOD.

Flash drives/USB sticks didn't cause BSOD from what I remember, only external hard drives. Using SSD Crucial M4 and Intel 520 on different PC's as OS drives.

9. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

One issue that's annoying me is that they still don't offer native 64 bit support. Although BSODs take priorities over that for obvious reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.