Dedicated Forum for Jetico?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by raffnixpert, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raffnixpert

raffnixpert Registered Member

May 2, 2006
    Although I am in no way associated with the producers of Jetico and although being a poor newbie in firewall matters who can hardly appreciate the potential of Jetico, I feel from what I have read and experienced with Jetico so far that it deserves promotion by the existence of a dedicated forum.

As it is, with so much valuable advice buried in an eight pages long thread with the repelling title " Jetico making me crazy", it rather discourages the googling surfer than attracting his attention as Jetico doubtlessly deserves. Moreover, those having become addicted to Jetico may have found so many valuable tips and tricks within this single thread that they would want to re-arrange it for themselves in order to serve as a reference document.

In a dedicated forum the stuff of the thread in question could have been split into many threads with meaningful titles. As it is, moderators might at least consider to rename it "Jetico – not easy for beginners but rewarding".
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Oct 7, 2004
    if jetico gets a dedicated forum, it wont be here. Wilders already has a forum for looknstop firewall and they wont have forums for more than one software of a particular type.

to clarify, ewido is the only AT with a forum section here, likewise nod32 is the only AV with a forum section. PG and AppDefend are an exception tho.
  3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Saudi Arabia/ Pakistan
    Hi, I was the one to start this thread and I personally think that still this title might be more appealing and attracting to the people who get in trouble while playing with Jetico.
    BTW, if they like to change or rearrange it, it,s their chice. I have no objection persoanally.
  4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Jun 28, 2003
    That will be nice, if Jetico have is won forum, but not here because Wilders already have the LnS... :)
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  5. poirot

poirot Registered Member

May 4, 2005
    I agree with raffnixpert. Why not 2 firewalls in the same Forum? it would be a valuable addition rather than a confusion...moreover,it would be the first one worldwide (i guess). Could keep all relevant issues and serve the purpose better and attract new people.
    This way i could perhaps receive assistance about Jetico which i couldnt receive yet in this more general thread:
  6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Would be nice if the Jetico folks would have a support forum on their own site, but they don't seem to have much interest in doing that. It's been a year now since the last release of JPF. Doesn't look like they're out to sell Jetico to the world anyway...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.