deal with usb-disk virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by viruscraft, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

You see ,the usb-disk virus is widely spread in my school and nod32 can not deal with it well.

On one side,nod32 would miss some usb-disk virus.
    On other side ,which is most important,nod32 uslually can not prevent the usb-disk virus form been active when user try to open the usb-disk by double-click.At that time ,NOD32 only detect the file created by usb-disk virus but not the virus itself.That happens when the usb-disk virus is a variation or a NewHeur_PE.IMO,it is because file protection module of NOD32 do not perform advance heuristic during scanning a existed file by default setting.

I know I can enable advance heuristic for existed files,but that will increase resource usage and lag my system.

Any good idea?Or I have to run a manual scan for every usb-disk before I open it?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Actually this is the best option always .
    No matter what your autorun settings are , if you press the SHIFT key for long the autostart/autorun of any flash card,USB,CD/DVD will be stopped .

So , insert the USB flash , immediately press the SHIFT key and keep it that way , then right click the USB flash and scan it.

When the scan is ready and actions taken , right click the USB flash drive -> choose Open or Explore

If you come accross a starange file (most of the time in the main directory) , right click this file , create a zip copy , then move than zip copy to your Desktop and send it to samples@eset.sk

The zipped file is safe for your computer

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

flash drives viruses are very dangerous they can disable taskmanager,registrymanager,folderoptions and you cannot see hidden files
    eset new heuristic static detect many unknown viruses and eset add many usb flash viruses everyday like autorun.inf

4. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

Thanks in advance,mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.