DDS10 - No mouse with boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by DavidnNC, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidnNC

DavidnNC Registered Member

I'm using Disk Director v10. When I use the boot disk and load the "full" version of DD, my optical mouse doesn't work. The mouse icon shows in the middle of the screen but will not move.

The mouse works OK in the opening menu, where you select which version, full or safe, you want to use.

When I load the "safe" version the mouse works OK.

Also, the mouse buttons work as I can click on what ever happens to be "under" the mouse icon (both right and left buttons work).

I would use the safe version, but it won't access USB drives, which I need to access sometimes.

A ball mouse works OK. I've been able to reproduce this on several different machines with several different mice. I had the same problem with version 9. So far I've been able to use the keyboard to navigate around, but it ain't easy.

Anyone else seen this problem? Anyone have a solution? Is this a bug that can be addressed by Acronis?

David

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

This was a bug or feature was introduced when Acronis made the option of being able to include all Acronis installed products onto the rescue CD about the middle of last year. It is mainly TI users that have suffered this problem.

There are a number of options to try.

1. Use a PS2 mouse

2. Try clicking on the safe mode option on the CD. It is possible that your mouse will work if your motherboard can handle USB enumeration in BIOS.

3. When the Acronis Loading........ message appears, press F11 key and you will be taken to the Linux command line, and will see, quiet..... type in after the quiet; NOAPIC or USBMOUSE=OFF and press enter.

If this works then you can email Acronis support and they can make a special boot ISO for you. You'll need to send them a whole load of system info files which they'll ask for.

The drawback with is that when and if they bring out an updated build of DD or of TI you'll need to ask them for a new ISO (unless of course they finally get around to fixing this annoying problem.

4. Make a BARTPE disk - this uses windows drivers and therefore you won't have the Linux kernel driver problem.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.