DDS Selector Problems in Multiboot Windows XP 0x000007B error in after mup.sys

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by ChristopherA, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristopherA

ChristopherA Registered Member

I installed Windows XP in primary partition 1, then hid it. Then I installed Windows XP in primary partition 2, then hid it. I then installed Windows XP in primary partition 3. All are formatted NTFS. Each of these worked fine on their own. When I last booted partition 3 I unhid all three partitions, and Windows XP had no problems identifing the other 2 partitions as drives.

In the past when I've done this I would install PowerQuest BootMagic, and I could boot up all three partitions. But now that PowerQuest has been bought by Symantec I thought I'd try switching products.

So this time I installed DDS Selector from the DDS emergency CD-ROM that I prepared on another machine. On my next boot, the DDS selector runs on boot, and it identifies all 3 partitions as Windows XP partitions.

I can boot partition 1 without any problems, and it can properly see the 2 other partitions.

However, but when I try to boot either partition 2 or 3, it starts, I instead get a blue screen 0x0000007B error shortly after the Windows XP splash screen. If I try safe boot, the display scrolls until I get to mup.sys, then it locks up and I get the blue screen 0x0000007B error again.

I know that the data on those two partitions is correct and uncorrupted -- the problem appears to that the DDS Selector doesn't seem to be doing the right thing. But PQ BootMagic can do it, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

I've tried selecting a number of preferences in DDS Selector, such as turning off writing to boot sector, hiding the non-booting drives, etc. with no luck.

Any ideas?

-- Christopher Allen

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.