DD will not create partition.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by WrongBus, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrongBus

WrongBus Registered Member

I tried DDs 9 on my new HP mediacenter pc to create a new partition. When it shut down in order to perform the work and restarted, and I got the "Acronis loader...." message, followed by an error message, something about error 14, i believe, then it went back to the Acronis loader message and then back to the error message, and then........ I was not able to get it out of this deadly loop (the restore cd did not stop it.) That was support ticket #822217. submitted Friday eve.

Then on Sunday, with a 2nd new HP mediacenter, I decided to upgrade to DDs 10, hold my breath and try again to create a new partition. This time, I received the "Invalid Partition Size" error, but at least it didn't hang up the computer. I had used the "Auto" mode to set up the task, so, instead, I tried the manual mode and tried to just resize the c drive (decrease by 90 gb), and received the same message. That was support ticket #823741, submitted Sunday.

I am very disappointed, being a long time user of TrueImage. I have had no response from tech support, so I guess I will just request a refund for the upgrade, since the product is useless to me, and I won't even install DDs 9. :'(

I have seen quite a few postings on this type of error, but no solutions other than to update DDS. My version was just downloaded on Sunday from the Acronis site.

Thanks for any input.

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

I think your problem stems from an embedded XP (embedded into a Factory Restore disk) that does not allow access to window's recovery capabilities. Perhaps a retail version of XP will allow you to recover:could you borrow one for experimentation? Then you may try the recovery console or something.
    Many "third party software" do not work easily (or at all) with Embedded XP windows. Unfortunetly the software vendors never mention this possibility and many headaches result. I have had some luck with a clean retail version to reboot or recover from without having to resort to the drastic "Factory Restore" option. Good luck with your refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.