DCS Support Forums closed and archived

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Paul Wilders, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Hello, P2K. :)

You are right. It is not a necessary step. I too was running both apps side-by-side for a week or two. However, I believe you would agree that, assuming PG is no longer being supported (and that is still an assumption), that its useful life is limited. Having a rather dated PC, and considering that I do run more than just security software on my computer, I try to limit the resources consumed by security apps. I am forced to weigh the resources consumed with the value provided by each application. Now, I have read posts in the PG forum that indicate that PG currently has vulnerabilities, and if development has in fact come to a halt (again, an assumption), I need to move on and use an app that is in constant development to counter the latest threats. I don't have time to keep re-evaluating PG to see is still worth the resources. That's another reason I switched from TDS to a-squared when it went belly up. If I had confidence PG was still being supported and developed, it would still be running on my PC.

2. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

I have only one comment and one question:

Until the end of November, Gavin Coe was with DCS ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=886492&postcount=32 ).

Gavin is also with Misec and happily answers questions in the Trojan Hunter support forum ( http://www.misec.net/forum/board/TrojanHunter/1166895784 ).

I therefore believe that a statement from Gavin would be appropriate. Even if it's something like "I do not have access to the DCS website and I do not have contact to Wayne anymore." Such a statement might also be in the interest of Magnus.

@LWM Is it possible to have a Wilders support forum without providing a phone number and a valid address to the forum's administration ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=911115&postcount=35 )? If not: did you try to contact them prior to the beginning of the holiday season (i.e., the date at which the DCS forums were closed)?

Wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

For sure you are entitled to your own opinion here. That said: no such thing will happen. Gavin, as an employee, is no party in all this. DiamondCS and therefore the CEO from the company in question is. On a side note: I'm pretty sure Magnus Mischel is quite capable to run his own business without any statement from any employee over here.

A general statement will do here: we do run this place the best way possible, and that's all there's to it. It's of no concern to anyone to explain in any way how, for what reasons, on what time schedule etc. we do so. This always has been, is and will be a staff issue only - not open for debate or discussion.

Best wishes and a happy New Year to you - and all! - as well.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.