DCPP and TrueCrypt Reformat questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by synapse1337, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synapse1337

synapse1337 Registered Member

Hey, new to this site.... sorry if this thread is in the wrong area.

I had a few questions pertaining to DCPP (DriveCrypt Plus Pack) and TrueCrypt. I have been using DCPP for OS encryption and TrueCrypt for making hidden volumes. I have a partition just for my OS and apps. Then 3 partitions for storage. My main questions are: If I run into problems with corruption or something that results in an unbootable OS, will I be able to reinstall Windows over my original encrypted OS partition? If so, when I have the fresh install up, will I be able to install TrueCrypt and gain access back to my hidden volumes as well?

If this is confusing let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

2. Hexadecimal Maniac

Hexadecimal Maniac Registered Member

Yes to all questions.

However, some people have had problem with TC partition corruption when reinstalling windows onto the boot partition. So you should probably back up the header of the TC partition if you have no backup of the data on the partition. I've never experienced any corruption myself and wouldn't hesitate to do what you described on my own system.

HexMan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.