DC ROM-burning software for backup etc.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SteelyDon, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelyDon

SteelyDon Registered Member

I want to burn data onto CD ROM for backup, and to have anti-malware programmes on in case of disaster. I don't steal copyright stuff.

I bought a CD RW drive which has Nero Express; unfortunately, Express does not burn to CD ROM, only CD RW.

Are there freeware programmes which will burn data to CD ROM; and, are there older versions of such software, new, which I can buy? I'm not looking to do anything fancy.

I'm new to all this.

Thanks very much.

d :doubt:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

My nero 6 ultra will burn backups to cd-r/cdrw/dvdr/dvdrw. you might want to look a little closer for more settings.

bigc

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Don, ;)

I'm a little confused by your question. o_O What do you mean by CD ROM? Your CD Burner will burn both CDRs & CDRWs ... Which Nero Express will do. If your using XP, it has a built in ability to write files to a disc also, Select the file(s)/folder(s) you want to burn, right click and select "send to CD-RW".

For more advance tasks like burning bin & cues, ISO's etc. Nero Ultra Edition is the best there is ... $99 bucks Canadian ... it includes almost everything under the sun. ;)

Steve

4. SteelyDon

"You are using a Nero Express OEM Version. This version does not include
    Nero Burning CD ROM. If you wish to use Nero Burning CD ROM, you may purchase it.... blah blah....."

No, this version will write to CD RW only, not CD ROM.

5. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... Yes Nero Burning ROM is part of Nero Ultra ED. ... it's the best program on the market. It really does it all. It's what I use ... it's $99 @ Futureshop. ;) It's for more advanced functions ... images, ISOs, bin & cues etc etc. But Express should still have no problem burning files/folders etc.

You can also use the built in XP utility I mentioned to burn regular files/folders. ;)

Steve

6. dog

dog Guest

Ps. This is what the Nero Burning ROM UI looks like.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2004
  7. SteelyDon

Thanks for your input.

This version of NERO """"SPECIFICALLY""" says that it does NOT burn to CD ROM. The software came with the Retail Plus CD RW drive. If you try to burn to a CD ROM you get the message which I posted above.

BTW, I'm in W98SE.

8. dog

dog Guest

Which option are you choosing? (Express Pic Below)

And what exact are you trying to burn?

Steve

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.