Datei ist beschädigt. (0x4000D)| Tag = 0xC847B314771C5EB3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by karot, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karot

karot Registered Member

I would as well like to continue on
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=144137
    or on
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145333
    since both threats exactly describe my problem but didn't provide a solution applicable for me. As both threats are 2 1/2 years old and don't permit new posts I opened this new threat.

After a backup of my user data with Acronis TI and subsequent automatic validation I got the error mentioned in the title
    Datei ist beschädigt. (0x4000D)| Tag = 0xC847B314771C5EB3
    where "Datei ist beschädigt#" means "File is corrupted".

This error is in contradiction to the fact that the contents of the file are correct (tested by performing file recovery and comparison with initial information). Another surprise was, that manual start of archive validation also confirms correctness of the archive.

I reported my problem about ten days ago to Acronis but received no reply yet.

I use TI with backup storage and it turned out that recreation of the backup storage and hence recreation of acronis_backup_place.cfg solves my problem.

My backup storage defined in acronis_backup_place.cfg has been working for more than a year, and I can only guess about the reason for it becoming faulty. It may be that defragmenting of the backup drive has caused my problem. Or could any limits in time or space described in there have exeeded, in which case the error reported does not really provide good guidance to find a solution.

I hope that my small report can be helpful for others running into above problem.

karot

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello karot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Enterprise Software.

Could you please let us investigate the issue?

Kindly clarify the following information:

-The exact version of Acronis software you use
    -The build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)
    -How exactly did you create a backup (source, destination, backup type)

What do you mean under "Backup Storage", is it Backup Location?

Despite the message about the corruption in the log, were you able to restore the image?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.