database updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gymeejet, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gymeejet

gymeejet Guest

hi, i used to get my updates directly from the program. it now tells me to come here, but i can not find it. what is the procedure now for updating one's database ?
    thanks. :) ;)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi gymeejet,

Which Javacool program are you talking about? There was a recent program update for SpywareGuard, v2.2, did you get that yet?

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi gymeejet,

If it is SpywareGuard you can download it from here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareguard.html

If it is one of the other Javacool programs You will find links to them at the top of that site.

Regards,

Pieter

4. gymeejet

gymeejet Guest

hi guys,
    it is spywareblaster to which i was referring. the program redirects me to the spyware blaster site.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

i have the latest 2.6 version. there are 4 download sites for the program itself. but i still can not find where to get the data base updates. it tells me that the latest date is 8-22-03, but i have nothing to click. i haven't been able to update since june. :'(
    thanks, jimmy

5. LowWaterMark

Can you tell us exactly where in the program it directs you to the website and at which point and in which window? See the image below showing a normal check for updates (when no updates are available).

Version 2.6 ought to be able to get the updates fine unless it's being blocked some how. Can you give us a screen image showing the message?

Attached Files:

6. gymeejet

gymeejet Guest

hi Low,
    it would not allow me to cut and paste. it just said that this updater could not get the database - and directed me to this url.

so i deleted the whole folder with all the spyware blaster stuff, and then reloaded it. now it works correctly from the program.

when i downloaded the newer version, it must have gotten confused with the older version.

anyways, it works now. :D
    thanks.

7. LowWaterMark

Great! I'm glad you got it straightened out! :)

8. Gaz

Gaz Registered Member

I think it must be the message, "there is a new version out".

Which does send you to <a href="http://www.wilderssecurity.net">www.wildersecurity.net spyware blaster page.</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.