Dangerous Running Processes

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chain Reaction, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction Registered Member

Does anyone know this list?

How reliable do you think it is?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Chain Reaction

Never used it, but the are many free tools you can dowdload to do the same from this link Windows Sysinternals.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Yes CR, I believe many of us know that one. Sound's as though you ask on the, self-help, reassurance premise? Good.

Aside from TheQuest's sound advice, alway's go for multiple opinion's (disappointment, less likely). AnswersThatWork, BleepingComputer, and CastleCops are but three that quickly came to mind. VirusTotal for dwnld's and suspicious file's.

GF

4. Chain Reaction

what are you mean by "do the same"?
    what are the suggested do which is the same as the above list?

what am i supposed to do in case i found some bad processes -
    how should i take care of them?

Thanks! and sorry for my ignorance... :D

5. GlobalForce

What TheQuest meant, for example process explorer, one of the utilities available from that linked page, will do exactly as you might when trying to determine information on a given process. Instead of you directly loading the search engine, pe perform's it for you after choosing to do so from it's context menu.

As far as what to do, that depend's on several factor's; operating system, installed software, which program or site is making the claim, and whether your system has suddenly become unstable. You could start by supplying which os you're on and software you use for "bad process" scanning.

GF

6. Chain Reaction

I have Windows XP Pro SP2.
    i also have XoftSpySE, and i use NOD32 for viruses scans...

7. GlobalForce

That combination is better than most for a novice. Which browser?

Confuscious say, "an ounce of prevention's (courtesy fellow member Sukarof) worth a pound of cure." Take your time, get back when you've had a chance to digest the content on these link's. Do yourself a favor while browsing through CC's wiki page, don't go loading all those application's because they're free. Compatibility issue's are almost as bad as unwanted guest's. Registry cleaner's? No good for the uninformed.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.