Daily task doesn't start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mqh1, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mqh1

mqh1 Registered Member

Hi,

Installed True Image 11, build 8053 over the weekend and installed it on a Vista 32 laptop. Everything seems to work great, except task scheduling.

I manually created a full backup, and set up a differential task to run daily at 1:30am. After creating the task, I ran it once manually to assure it worked. It did. I then quit out of True Image, and left it over night. In the AM, the backup had not run, nor was there any indication in the logs that it even tried. The logs showed my full, and my manual differential.

Was I supposed to leave True Image running? I didn't see any indication of that in the manuals. Did something else go amiss?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Mike

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There's a bug in ATI 11 that causes it to not run scheduled tasks on some machines. :(

3. mqh1

mqh1 Registered Member

Here's another data point. I left the TrueImage application running over night. I got up this morning, and found that my daily task ran. I guess I'll leave the app up for a few days, to see if it runs that way. I suppose that would be a bearable workaround until this is fixed.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mqh1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation, but we aren't able to reproduce it yet. Could you please collect some information to help us investigate it?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Download the schedmgr.exe application;
    - Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;
    - Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;
    - Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;
    - Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;
    - Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. cutedeedle

cutedeedle Registered Member

I just bought v. 11, after testing a full manual backup in the trial version. Lo and behold, my scheduled backup task doesn't run either. I'm WinXP Pro, SP2. I'll get the same system info and send it along.
    :eek:

6. mqh1

mqh1 Registered Member

I'll run the stuff that Tech Support recommended tonight.

Interestingly, after the first day (when it didn't start), I made a few changes, and things started working. I created a Backup Location (because I wanted to use that cool feature). That night, I left TrueImage open. The scheduled backup ran! I left it the next night. It ran again! Last night, I closed out of TrueImage.... and the backup ran anyway!

So, was the first failure just a fluke? Was it related to creating a Backup Location? I don't know.

Interestingly though, if I try to Edit Task to look at the backup task, TrueImage crashes. Sigh.

I'll collect diagnostics and send them in.

7. patrickd314

patrickd314 Registered Member

I've had the same problem with Vista. This worked for me:
    Create a quick task (i.e., back up a single document), and set it to run ten minutes before your "real" task. The first task will wake up the computer (but may not run), and the second will then run.

8. cutedeedle

cutedeedle Registered Member

My bad, I had tried the "scheduled backup" while still running a trial. I re-downloaded and re-installed the very same version and build as the trial, after I purchased the product. Lo and behold, the automatic scheduled backup has now run twice, exactly as it should. Is there anything I need to do to reverse the command done in "set logflags support"? I don't want to be running backups in some kind of logging/support mode. Thanks.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cutedeedle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can turn off the logging via the following command from schedmgr.exe:

set logflags 0

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. btobw

btobw Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.