d2d recovery rookits virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rocketscience, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketscience

rocketscience Registered Member

I'm using gateway netbook with admin account, because alot program will trick you into entering the admin password anyway. the d2d recovery has a password.
    1. can d2d recovery erase rookits like tdss/tdl , safesys and others?
    my d2d recovery status is on in bios setting.
    2. is it possible that d2d recovery hidden partition could get infected by rootkits and other virus as well
    3. is there any safe measures to protect the hidden partition from any virus or rootkit.

2. markusg

markusg Registered Member

the best is, make your own backups, sector by sector, so you have an clean mbr in your backup.
    rootkits can also infect recovery partition, and if you have to fix the mbr you can not use this partition to recovery.
    this is why i never would use this partition and will make only my own backups or have an windows cd.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

doesn't that depend on whether the recovery partition can only be accessed via the bios?ie totally invisible to the OS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.