D-Link router: Ports 65460-65535 closed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sir_carew, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello guys,
    I want to ask something. I'm using a D-Link router with all security options enabled (SPI mode, Block ping, DoS protection and unpnp option disabled). I'm using also COMODO Firewall Pro 2.4.
    I tested my ports using grc.com and all were stealth, except the following ports range: from 65460 to 65535. For example, if I test port 65459 and low ports numbers, all are stealth, but from 65460 to 65535 all ports were closed and not stealth as I think. I'm not running any app. that can be used such range of ports. My PC is clean too.
    I googled the problem and I found a user that is using d-link router have the same issue. However no solution to the problem.
    I tried to make a rule from router and also COMODO to block all communications in this range and no good result, still closed.
    I want to stealth these ports.
    Anybody have an idea of how can I do that?
    Thanks very much.

PS: I posted this same problem in COMODO forums waiting for a idea. Again, thank.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Either port forward these ports to Comodo, and let that drop these inbound scans, or port forward to an unused LAN IP.

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

I forwarded the ports to an unused IP LAN and worked. Now all ports are stealth as it should.
    Thanks very much.
    Only two more questions:
    1) Why this problem happen?
    2) I looked at my DHCP settings and my IP are until 192.168.0.199. I added 192.168.0.200 as I assume that it's a invalid LAN IP address. Is that an incorrect address in my case?

Again, thanks :)

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

1/ I dont know. I do not have a D-link to check.

2/ If the IP used is outside the DHCP range in your router, then you will be O.K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.