D.exe and Win32 stuff vs. Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EvilOzzness, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilOzzness

EvilOzzness Registered Member

I was recently a victim of d.exe trojan, backdoor:win32Rbot!27F8, and backdoor:win32Rbot!34A.dam#4 and I was flabbergasted to learn that a few versions before the version of 2143 of Nod32 didn’t register a single one of these as threats, even though they caused ads and programs to pop up every five seconds and malfunction and severely compromise my system’s security to third parties. I ended up having to use window’s malicious software removal tool and also restore my system to a day I knew my system wasn’t affected with any of these threats instead of Nod32 taking care of business.

As a side note, my one year license for this program expires soon and I’m not entirely sure I will be renewing because there seems to be a lot of "holes" where there shouldn't be. I just thought you all might like to be aware of this issue since these are among common things going around the virtual world right now.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

None AV is perfect and each misses some threats, that's a matter of fact. The only difference is that some miss more than the others. NOD32 is actually one of the best AVs on the market concerning detection.

It's not wise to change your AV just because it has missed one threat, or you'll end up changing it every year (if not week or day).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.