cz.exe ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by csm324, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Hi All,
    Thankyou all for your assistance with other probs that have been solved by such a helpful group of people!!

But, at the moment I have a issue going on with a desktop running 98se,
    I ran NOADWARE recently,and it was 'stalling' as it ran thru itrs scanning,slower than ususal..
    I noticed cz.exe and c:\\love_me.pif and other 'adult only' pif files going thru the scanner.

I ran Norton,updated the live update and it came thru clear - no virus.
    Also ran spy sweeper and NO Adaware SE ,nothing showed.
    Is there a way to delete these c:\\folders/files or should I just leave them there as they seem to be harmless as no virus is detected in the system.

I appreciate this steadily increasing learning curve!!

Regards
    Chris

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If I had those on my computer and they were not part of one of my programs they would be deleted. Just right click on the files and then click on properties and see what it says about them.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Chris, ;)

In regards to NoAdware, it is listed on The Spyware Warrior List of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites by Eric L. Howes. It isn't an application you'd like to be using. You can read The Main List Here & The NoAdware Note can be read here Reading the info provided should answer your questions, if it doesn't please post back here and ask away, we'll be glad to help.

Steve

4. csm324

csm324 Registered Member

Thanks Steve and Big C,

I will have a good read of the Rogue site later on today,and attempt to delete those files.Will be back here if I run into anything unexexpected!

Thanks all for your help.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.