Cyborg - SMTP question and clan webapge

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cyborg, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

LWM - This post was split from a TDS thread as it was on a different topic. The source thread was this one.

[hr]
    As a follow up tp the post I just made what is SMTP Server?

It has currently the numbers 127.0.0.1 and this is I believe Telnet Port 12345 which is certainly nothing to do with my PC so far as I am aware.

I recently had a guy who runs our clan send me a file into my Outlook Express which was to set an E-mail link to the clan webpage. When I go into Outlook Express now it says registering in the bottom right corner and sometimes I do not always get access. Any ideas what this guy could have done with this kink. I had to give him a password that he set up at his end. When I downloaded the file for the first time upon entering Outlook Express the E-mail address I had given him for the website was there but I had to put in the password I gave him to allow me access. I only had to use this password once. It is all so very confusing to me and I want to make sure he has not set up a Trojan of some sorts.

I recently had a problem when going into MSN. My Icon I noticed had the name Chris alongside it which is not me. When I put the mouse over the Icon my E-mail address was still there. As I went into MSN the lady from Microsoft said "Good Evening Chris" which kind of got me worrying.

I ran Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search and destroy and managed to get rid of this character "Chris." Who Chris is I do not know but I would be happy to find out what went on there please,

Thanx a long post but questions I need to ask as I am trying to get myself a safe PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.