Cybersecurity weaknesses could prevent US from waging war

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Zyrtec, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

http://www.techspot.com/news/46190-cybersecurity-weaknesses-could-prevent-us-from-waging-war.html

Carlos

2. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Good! Our economy and the rest of the world will be a lot better off with a few less wars.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I wouldn't even know where to start with this statement without turning it completely political. Let me just put it this way, if you think the wars alone put us in the economical toilet, you're terribly, terribly wrong. I don't see how it's "good" that we'd be so weak that we couldn't fight. Furthermore, this entire topic is misleading. We could still easily wage war without relying solely on computer/internet systems. What's really doing the U.S military in is spreading our resources too thin. We cannot have 3-4 conflicts going on at the same time.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

To start, that isn't what I said. By far, war isn't the only cause, but it has added billions to our debt.
    Assuming that we still have those weapons. Myself, I'd like to see weapons like those drones hacked to the point of being useless. The fact that we routinely have 3 or 4 conflicts running at any given time only proves that we go too war too easily, too often, and for the wrong reasons.

It's probably too much to hope that our infrastructures vulnerability might serve as a deterrent to our stating another, not when most of these wars are for the benefit of big money and have nothing to do with protecting the people.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

This conversation has gone into something that is out of scope for this site. Thank you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.