Cybersecurity for Mac is not ready for prime time

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by MonkeySlide, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeySlide

MonkeySlide Registered Member

I have been (and will continue to be) a longtime user of ESET Smart Security for my Windows computers. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro, loaded Parallels onto the Mac OS, and began running ESET Smart Security on my virtual hard drive. So far, Smart Security is running very well, just as it has on all of my other computers.

I thought that I'd get security software for my Mac OS as well and so I purchased Cybersecurity for Mac. Wow, was that ever a disappointment! My computer ran like molasses. It took about 5 minutes just to open a web browser (either Firefox or Safari), while I just watched the color wheel spin and spin. Likewise with iTunes. Opening the Finder or applications folder was equally (and painfully) slow. When I disabled ESET, my computer ran fine, but as soon as I enabled ESET again, my computer again started dragging. My MacBook is unusable when running on Cybersecurity for Mac and so I've given up and gone with Sophos (which doesn't at all slow my Mac OS down). I think that ESET needs to take a second look at Cybersecurity for Mac and work out the bugs before releasing it. I feel like I've wasted $40.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, Cybersecurity for Mac does not require an additional license and you should be able to use your existing EAV/ESS license to download and update it. I'd suggest contacting the distributor / reseller you purchased your Cybersecurity license from and request a refund for the redundant license.

As for the issues you've run into, all performance issues were fixed in the beta and no one has reported them with the release version of ESET Cybersecurity. Had you had the beta installed before or it was a clean installation of the release version?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

4. MonkeySlide

MonkeySlide Registered Member

Thank you very much for your rapid replies. I don't know whether the version I was running was the beta version or the release version. I used the download link on your website and made the purchase via your website. I'll use the link that Aryeh has provided to download the latest version and see if this resolves my problems. Thanks once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.