CyberScrub Privacy Suite 5.0.0.126

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by spy1, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Based mainly on recommendations by a certain individual on this site, I purchased a copy of CyberScrub Privacy Suite.

Even though I purchased it over a week ago, I have not yet been able to successfully register the program (I'm on Day 12 of the 15-day trial now, according to the main program interface when I open it). Even though each time I go through these steps, it tells me that it's been "successful" in registering the program.

I've "activated" it both over the Internet from the computer that it's on and "Manually" - multiple times. With all my defensive programs turned off - or turned on - the result is the same.

I've sent three support tickets to the maker - none of which have been responded to as of this morning.

I'm at the point now where I don't really care how good the program is or is not - their technical support sucks.

If this doesn't get resolved by the time the program expires, I'll post screenshots of everything I'm talking about (including my "support" tickets). Pete

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

That sucks. If they refused to help me, I believe I would have to consider posting the screenshots all over the internet.

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Spy1, it’s true (but unfortunate): the timeliness of technical support by CyberScrub has decreased substantially in the past year. If you have a registration or sales question, I recommend that call CyberScrub at 888-350-3436 to get it resolved. As is the case with any utility, you really should give Privacy Suite a thorough testing on your own PC to ensure that it works well for you before you purchase it, because CyberScrub has a “all sales are final” policy.

On a general note, I think that Privacy Suite is a good utility, but depending upon your specific needs, it may be no better than other alternatives (some of which are free) in the marketplace. That’s an evaluation that you will need to make, based upon your own preferences and requirements.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It's a damned shame you didn't think to mention that fact when you were so busy touting the greatness of the program. I can absorb the monetary loss with no problem - but I'll do my best to make sure no one else gets suckered into buying it.

Between this episode and the aforementioned totally-untrue "comparison" chart, CyberScrub has lost all credibility, AFAIC. Pete

5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Spy1, don’t you think that post is just a bit unfair? I have no allegiance to CyberScrub and have no intention to defend it or the company. Privacy Suite 5 is simply the utility that I use most frequently, have the greatest experience with, and prefer today. (That choice might be different in the future, of course.) I have simply shared my honest comments for others to consider as part of their own decision making process.

While Privacy Suite – like all other such utilities - has advantages, it also has disadvantages, too: one of them being the fact that technical support by CyberScrub has in fact deteriorated in the past 12 months. I am cautiously optimistic that they will improve that shortcoming, since it used to be the case that their support was truly outstanding.

Best wishes to you, and good luck with whatever erase utility you ultimately decide to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.