Cyberlink giveaways, today PowerDVD.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mrhero, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Great find. Thanks.

edit- got this reply after registering:

"We've had so much interest in our Christmas giveaway that today's free downloads have all been taken. Please come back tomorrow for your chance to get yourself another free CyberLink product.
    Or receive some inspiration for what to get your friends and family from our practical Gift Guide."

But they did immediately offer some $99.95 program for $5 off.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  3. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

I got the offer. Now downloading:D . Try other days;)

4. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Shenanigans. I just tried at a minute before 7AM CST and they said all the downloads were taken. My clock is synced with an atomic clock so it's accurate.

5. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Welcome to the club :rolleyes:

6. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Maybe I am too lucky:D . I got PowerDVD and Power2go from that offers.

7. Espresso

Something weird going on there. It's only 6:30 CST now but it's over already. I think they really meant 7AM EST not CST.

8. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

I don't know about that... I just know it starts at 11AM GMT. Thus... GMT-4? WTH?

9. Espresso

On the page it sez:

CST is GMT-600 so that's 1PM GMT

10. acr1965

I tried it yesterday right at 7:00 am CST but got a message that said all the giveaways were already gone. Today, same thing. This has to be the worst giveaway promo's ever. What a load of crap. Hell, I'll never buy one of their piece of crap software.

11. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

I don't know what they say... all I know is that at 11AM GMT the giveaway is available. 1minute before 11AM it is not. So... what gives?

12. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I can understand the frustration, of a promo getting screwed up, but how does that make it crap software. Also can't help asking if you feel it's crap software, why would you want it if it's free.

13. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

Too bad they gave away DVD Suite 5 instead of the latest version. At least I got one :blink:

14. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I have read on another forum about people trying to download right at 7AM CST and they were "all taken." How something digital can be "all taken" is a strange concept. My opinion on this kind of thing is either do it right or don't do it at all. The "bandwidth" excuse is pretty lame. Things like this do make you think less of a company. They appear to be doing something nice when in reality it's for a very few people and then they pop you with their "discounts". Clever - but tricky. Not the way to do it and make people think highly of your company, at least imo.

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I totally agree with you. Products are good, but someone in marketing was pretty lame. Called not thinking ahead.

16. acr1965

A pseudo promo is a reflection of a company, their customer service and their products. Customer service, product updates/upgrades, performance of the product, etc are all integrated into the overall quality of the product IMO. Thus, their product did not officially become crapware until they ran this promo/bait-and-switch campaign.

And I highly doubt this promo got "screwed up". It probably happened just the way it was planned.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  17. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would like to know what´s so special about PowerDVD? If I´m correct there are plenty of freeware media players out there, that all can play DVD? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  18. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Cyberlink are recognised as being leaders in some areas.

The Power DVD decoders for example are considered by many to give the smoothest picture and less noise,especially when used with an ATI card.

19. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK, thanks for the info. We also have it at work, but I absolutely hate the crappy GUI. Media Player Classic is just fine for me. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  20. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

Just a quirk that leaves me using PowerDVD V6 instead of V7; when you fast forward, they force the control panel on top of the video. V6 didn't do this obtrusive nonsense. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.