Cyberhawk v. 2.0 just released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cyberhawk Support, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

Novatix Corporation has just released Cyberhawk v. 2.0. It is now available for download from the Novatix website http://www.novatix.com.

Further details in the press release:

http://www.novatix.com/Press/070115/

If you are a current Cyberhawk user you will see an update notification today. You may always simply download the new version at any time directly from our site and install over your current version. For further details see:

http://www.novatix.com/Cyberhawk/Updates/

Thanks to all here who helped us with suggestions and feedback on how to improve Cyberhawk. We look forward to hearing your feedback on the new version!

Becky Dubrow

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i have not tried Cyberhawk before, but after just installing it, i can say its quite light and working fine on Vista.

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I just installed Cyberhawk 2.0 and I have lots of slow downs in boot. If I remember correctly I have this same problem also with older version. It takes about 1 minute that those network icons came in taskbar and after that Cyberhawk starts. No problems before installing it.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I will try it this night... ;)

5. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

### "events analyzed"
    ### "programs examined"

It would be great to know what "events" it analyzed and what "programs" it examined. I assume there is no way to do that? While CH is light on the interaction it seems to require, I would like to have some measure of what those metrics comprise....

Thanks,
    Mark.

6. Cyberhawk Support

Hi MikeNAS--
    If you have some time it would be very helpful if you would please contact our technicians through our online support site (in signature) so that we can perhaps get some additional info from you on the specifics of what's happening.

Thanks,
    Becky Dubrow

7. Cyberhawk Support

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark.

For a general explanation of where those numbers come from, please see:

http://www.novatix.com/cyberhawk/stats/

Currently there is no report that provides PC-specific details, but I'll make a note of the suggestion. You'll see that these numbers will very quickly get very high, so it might be a little difficult to provide an easily readable report covering such a large amount of data.

Kind regards,
    Becky Dubrow

8. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

hi Becky it says this version is a full working version for 14 days however when i ran the rootkit scanner it says its only available if i buy the pro version?

9. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Thanks Becky - I will check out the link. I was thinking as well that the list/log might get big real fast and require some user-selected filtering on events to be readable/usable at all.

Thanks again and congrats on v2.

Best,
    Mark.

10. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

me too

Congrats novatix for this new release

MaB

11. Cyberhawk Support

Hi Solarpowered candle & MaB69--

Thanks for trying out the new version.

What you're describing is very odd. During the 15-day trial period you should be able to access the rootkit scanner without any trouble. Our technicians are trying to reproduce the behavior you're seeing (through a variety of tests and manipulations), but so far we're unable to reproduce it. We'll continue to see if we can get it to behave as you describe, but they may end up PM'ing you for additional info.

Are you able to access the other "Pro only" features like the Custom Rules module, for example, or do you only see that message for the rootkit scanner?

Also, another question just to rule out a simple date issue, after installing did you set your system dates ahead past the trial period at all?

Thanks for your help,

Becky

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i have the same problem (15 days trial not actually enabled). CH 2.0 installed on clean PC (which never had CH on it as i restored the HDD image).
    Just to fill the stats, though i don't exactly need the Pro features.

13. Tod

Tod Registered Member

Tested with Anti-Keylogger Tester, http://www.firewallleaktester.com/news.htm#66. Detects the first two keylogger methods IF the Anti-Keylogger Tester program window is NOT the active window. Not sure if this is by design or not. Does not the detect the third keylogger method or the screenshot methods.

14. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi Becky,

To shortly answer to your 2 questions ? No and No :p

Of course, you can PM me if your need more information.

Regards,

MaB

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

With the trial version I can't use the Pro features... :(
    I also don't need them, but at least if is a trial version...

I test it with "Anti-Keylogger Tester 1.0", "Martins Undetectable Keylogger", "RegTest 1.000" and "Advanced Process Termination 4.0", but it fails all of them, except the "Martins Undetectable Keylogger" that was detected a lot of time after I run it and type a lot of characters... :(
    Maybe I did something wrong...

I would like to see this program works when some trigger is activated on registry, instead of using polling to detect differences...

16. Cyberhawk Support

We've tracked down the trouble with the trial (or non-trial) version and it actually only affects overseas users. Certainly didn't mean to discriminate like that! We're working on a fix and once available, you'll be able to download a new version and then have access to all features (even if you don't really need them) for the full 15 days.

Did you first reboot after installing Cyberhawk 2.0 and before running the keylogger tests? If not, would you please do that and try the tests again?

Thanks,
    Becky

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It didn't worked...

18. Tod

Tod Registered Member

Have you tried with the Anti-Keylogger Tester program window not being active when you write something? For me the keylogging is only detected then.

19. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This way, only the first two of this test are detected...

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm, trial features just started working all of the sudden (Rootkit scanner). And i haven't even rebooted the PC. Strange.

21. Tod

Tod Registered Member

Yes, but most anti-malware programs miss these completely and almost no one detects the last three.

22. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Those that use signatures and not detect behaviours, should not detect them...

23. Cyberhawk Support

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have released another update today that fixes the quirky trial version behavior. The program will notify of that an update is available, or you may always just get the latest version directly from our website Updates page: http://www.novatix.com/Cyberhawk/Updates/

We're also continuing to look into the keylogger detection issues raised here as well.

Becky Dubrow

24. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

hi becky unfortunately the link to the download comes up with "This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!"

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Same here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.