Cyberhawk 2.04 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by QBgreen, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

When is Cyberhawk going to grow up? Since when is newsleecher a keylogger?

Ive never ever seen Ch detect anythingh other then false postives and with all of them it says so surely they r keyloggers.

I really did had faith ud resolved the fp behavious by now. Plenty of people have reported the ridiculous fp "keylogger" behaviour in the past and you have stated several times it had been fixed.

Maybe it is time to take a different aproach to detection?

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am not an expert but I think there is some basic flaw in keyloggers detection. Instead of trying to improve that, they might need to re-write the whole code for anti-keylogger componenet of CH. That might save their efforts and time.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Wrong! (Pardon me if I misunderstood about "around here"). Can not speak for all but around here many like to build their own suites. CyberHawk certainly could be a part of that. I had to unload because of resource useage. It is not any problem to retry your product is it? Just because I used it before and decided to unlaod after free trial. Even if I go back to free limited version? :doubt:

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

OK PC Tools buys Novatix: go you aussies. :thumb:

Might be a nice combo: Spyware Doctor and Cyberhawk.
    Go grab a copy of the CH.exe while it's still there. ( just in case)
    :)

5. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Ii is definately very intresting developement. We just have to wait and see what happens next.

6. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Wish I could get the new version to install on my Nlitened XpProS2 but this is what happens when I try . Anyone got any ideas? Never had this problem with the earlier versions.

Attached Files:

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Not really surprising.

8. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Maybe this will help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898628

...screamer

9. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I got the same exact message when trying to install this latest version.

I'm quite content with the earlier versions just like i was with System Safety Monitor.

The problem with these vendors is that they fashion a very effective program and then proceed to wreck it and thus drive attention away from it, which of course leads many users moving over to apps vendors who don't monkey with a good thing when it's working like it should.

As much as i would have liked to seen Cyberhawk advance, i'm afraid they've taken a once very good and popular program too many steps in the wrong direction and now have stepped on the toes of those who put trust in it while it was a good working and effective model.

Happens a lot lately for some reason.

10. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Thankyou the link helped I updated my installer, apparently my version was 3.0**********, now its the latest 3.1v2 and Cyberhawk was able to install without problems. Thanks again.

11. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I went ahead and downloaded my free copy just to have it. Lord knows what PC Tools will do to it.

12. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Seriously. Probably turn it into a complete P.O.S.

I downloaded Cyberhawk and like it! MUCH better than Prevx as far as annoyance, speed, useability etc. Only consumes about 8K K of ram compared to 50 or 60K with Prevx. Has sped my computer up if anything.

I just hope PC Tools doesn't f-it up. Any word on the future of this great product cyberhawksupport persono_O Will there still be a fully functional free version like there is now?

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  13. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have Cyberhawk's latest and I like it so far as well. I had no install problems and it only slows my system down a tad. Plus it's extremely easy to use and doesn't query me about a lot of things which I would probably have no idea how to respond to anyway. For someone like me who is not all that versed in the detailed inner workings of a computer it might offer more protection than say SSM would, just due to my own lack of knowledge in responding to all the popups. Anyway, I figure it can't hurt to have Cyberhawk running along side my free antivirus.

If Prevx2 gets good marks and isn't reported to slow down systems more than Cyberhawk I may not be able to resist trying it though. It looks fairly easy to use as well.

14. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

How long ago did you try Prevx? The latest Prevx2 uses 15k memory on my system & in "ABC" mode there's very little distraction.

15. Drew99GT

I've had it for the last two years. Hell, it's gone orange and slowed Windows updates to a crawl on more than one occasion. 15 megs for Prevx2? That's much better!

16. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

i believe he is purposely mixing metaphors, using RAM usage for CH and Virtual Memory numbers for Prevx. i track this constantly with Process Explorer, and if one compares apples to apples Prevx 1 & 2 use between 10-25 mb of RAM combined, and 80-98 mb of Virtual memory combined. not light, but when i used CH i had seen upwards of 165mb (and climbing) for the process that runs in kernel (i don't recall it's name) with CH.

Mike

17. Drew99GT

What the hell are you talking about?? :rolleyes: I'm telling you how much ram is used by both programs in task manager.

18. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Oops, I meant 15mb. :blink:

I also was just talking about the task manager. :cool:

19. Perman

Perman Registered Member

hi, folks; I gave the newest build another run. It did not slow down system considerably(which is acceptable to me). The issue w/ Deepfreeze has since gone. For few days, i have been having this problem; on and off--during shut down my system would hang, not going to shutdown automatically. I need to use FORCE to close it. Is this just mine or ? I have it removed for now. Pity, I thought I could have it for a little while, but who knows.

20. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wonder that inspite of turning off community participation and automatic updates, why I still get this popup.

Attached Files:

• ch.jpg
      ch.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  21. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi FireBytes, thanks. I did remember my previous post very well but I overlooked the IP address part. Sorry for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.