CWS.Smartsearch.2 nothings getting rid of it

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by lava, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lava

lava Guest

Ive ran adaware, cws, and miniremoval_coolwebsearch_smartkiller.exe that the cws site reccomended i run, and still nothing, it keeps closing cws and i cant get rid of it. does anyone have anything that can get rid of this annoying thing, and does anyone know how i got it, because i know for sure i never click yes to install crap.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same here. Never had a problem that CWShredder or a reboot after using it didn't fix until this. Tried everything that user above tried as well.

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

HijackThis *
    • Download HijackThis from here.
      - This is a direct download link which will ask you to save the file to your system.[*]Open the download ZIP file to extract the HijackThis program from within.
      - If you can't open the ZIP file, you'll need to get an unzipping tool such as this one.[*]Run HijackThis.exe[*]Press "Scan" button.[*]When done the "Scan" button will change to "Save Log", press that.[*]Save the log as a text file.[*]In step 3 below, you'll need to copy and paste the contents of this log to a post here.

HijackThis is a very powerful tool! If you want to try and fix things yourself with it, keep in mind that it makes no distinction between good or bad items. It just does whatever the user instructs it to do, no matter what the consequences might be. You could end up disconnecting yourself from the internet or being unable to reboot your system at all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.