CWS.Jksearch??

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by mattyl, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

I was running my usual checks tonight and adaware came up with numerous possible coolwebsearch hijacks. I haven't had adaware, spybot, or CWShredder pick up anything for the past few months and haven't been having any problems with redirecting or a slow pc (I'm pretty anal about how clean my PC is) Anyway, before deleting the files I ran CWShredder and sure enough it found CWS.Jksearch. I had CWShredder fix the instance of CWS.Jksearch and reran adaware to see if it came up again but it came up clean. (I haven't tried restarting to see if it comes back)

I really do not think I had CWS.Jksearch on my computer as things have been fine and I'm very cautious to how my PC is used. The only thing I can think of is that its a FP from spybot. This morning I was messing around with SB and found the option to add spybots host files. I did this thinking it was a good idea to add more protection (the more the better!:)) Could CWShredder have found a FP from spybot?

I did a google search for CWS.Jksearch and found this link: CWS.Jksearch
    It seems as though the maker of CWShredder has already fixed this possible bug so I don't see why CWShredder found it unless I actually had it - but I really don't think that is the case... hopefully CWShredder didn't remove anything SB needs and only removed the host files it added... if this is even the case...

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

thanks a lot!
    mattyl

2. mattyl

mattyl Registered Member

hmmm... I just went back into spybot and added the host files again. I then ran CWShredder. However, this time CWShredder did not find anything. Maybe I did have ito_O....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.