CWS(1357) disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by GARGPR, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GARGPR

GARGPR Registered Member

Hello,

This is my first time on this forum.

When I open Spyblaster it indicates that I have a restricted internet site disabled. It is always the same one - CWS (1357), Vcodec.com. Just as I logged on to this forum, my Microsoft Anti Spyware informed me that vcodec.com tried to add itself to my IE trusted sites list but it was blocked from so doing.

Can you help me?

GARGPR

2. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

you can try and download cwshredder from the trend micro site. it might help.
    www.trendmicro.com or wait for an expert to answer your question. good luck.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey GARGPR....Welcome to Wilders,

The below Microsoft Knowledgebase article refers to Spybot and it's immunization feature. In it's place as you read the article....pretend like they are referring to Spywareblaster. It is all the same thing....MSAS is wrongly thinking an entry is being added to the Trusted Zone of Internet Explorer....when in accuality it is an entry that Spywareblaster is attempting to add to Internet Explorers Restricted Zone

What I suggest you do on that item when it pops up again....is to slap MSAS upside the head and tell it YES....you wish to let that item be added. Then take a look in Spywareblaster and the item should now be checked.

This article---> You may receive an "Internet Explorer trusted site requires approval" message from Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) if you also use the Immunize feature in Spybot Search & Destroy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.