Customizing Secure Message Handling

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Tatersalad, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

I see you can customize SMH now by holding the insert key and clicking on anything that closes the program. This appears to only work one way. Is there anyway to tell PG that a button doesn’t close the program? Many system tray programs PG, ZA, Prevx and others minimize not close when you hit the X.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Tatersalad, Then it is not a threat surely? When minimised you usually have an Exit right click menu item on the icon, now that you could use with the insert method.
    To undo your inserts if they are wrong switch of SMH and then restart.
    Remember that you must completely close and restart running programs for SMH to take effect
    BTW. ZA and KAV already have kernel level protection, so even if the GUI is closed the service will still be active

HTH Pilli

3. neweggs

neweggs Guest

currently installed PG3 release. Now PG uses unlock keys string to unlock it?
    When trying with SMC for Procguard.exe (PG gui) and teatimer.exe (SpybotS&D1.3), I see this:
    - PG gui behaves strangely (in lock mode, both tabs [Main] & [Alert] appear same color "active" and I can not get into either the tab. I have to unlock with pw to get back access to them. Now, in lock-mode, [Remove All] tab is greyed out in the screen of the tab [Alert].
    - After applied new ways SMC on teatimer.exe (using insert key combo), now everytime I try with exit option with right-click-menu on teatimer tray icon, Human Verification Window comes up; the strange is that teatimer.exe exits anyway after 2 times of clicking on [cancel] option of that confirmation windows.

Is there something broken on my computer? Is it to uninstall PG3 and reinstall it?
    Thankx.

4. Tatersalad

Tatersalad Registered Member

Hi Pilli, I realize it’s not a threat it’s just annoying. When you have SMH enabled on a program that minimizes to the system tray with the X you have to appease SMH for nothing every time you bring up the GUI. It would be nice to let PG know the X on this program doesn’t close it.

Thanks

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK Understood, I was getting very tired and missed your point. :)

Thanks. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.