Customize ignore list?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Visitor101, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Visitor101

Visitor101 Registered Member

Hi, I am new to MRU-Blaster. Is there any way to manually edit the database or ignore list. I am having problem running MRU-Blaster with my O&O Defrag. I have turned on the Boot time defrag option on O&O and silent clean on MRU_Blaster, and everytime the boot time defrag cannot start because it cannot open a file(restore-XXX/change.log), which I think have been "clean" by MRU-Blaster. It also worries me that MRU-Blaster has cleaned up a file under "restore" and that file contains informations of my hard drive. I wonder if that will affect any important system function such as system restore or repair. I haven't installed MRU-Blaster on my other computers with Perfect-disk defrag. but I suspect it will cause the same problem. Also, sometimes my computer might hang for a few seconds during boot when my computer search for another computers on the network while MRU-Blaster performing the silent clean. I know it is more of a XP problem rather than MRU's, for it always slow down everything when there is another process compete with the search function, however, I would like to see if I can set the silent clean a few second after boot instead.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

MRU-Blaster does not touch any files in System Restore - nor should it interfere with that or similar programs.

Defragmentation could be upset by MRU-Blaster scanning the registry and then deleting any found MRUs at startup (so could any program that accesses the hard drive in any way), but if your defragmentation program restarts when it detects write activity it shouldn't have a problem after MRU-Blaster finishes its quick scan and clean (a few seconds usually).

A time-delay for the silent clean might be useful - but there is also the MRU-Blaster Scheduler if you'd like to have it silently clean on a delay. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Visitor101

Visitor101 Registered Member

After I read the error messages more carefully, I found out that the boot defrag did start and it just couldn't open the _restore-xxx/change.log file to defrag, so it only have problem with one file. I still believe it is caused by MRU-Blaster for I began to have that problem after I installed MRU Blaster and chose to "clean" all the files, unless the errors was caused by one of the recent Microsoft update (forgot the exact time for the last update). Anyway, I still hope to see a function that can let me customize the ignore list before I will ever use the silent clean features ever again! :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.