Customer Service & Support?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mhl6493, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

One of the areas, in my experience, where AV's and security suites often suffer is in the area of customer service and support. We all have heard and/or personally dealt with horror stories in that regard.

I'm wondering, what products in your experience have consistently delivered top-quality support and service? I don't want this to become an "A vs. B" in terms of support. I'm just interested in hearing some of your positive experiences (not necessarily the negative ones - don't want this to become a "bash session") with particular AV and suite products.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I'm happy with the support from ESET and Webroot (Via Forum and Email) in recent years. Well not really product support everytime, but answering questions and communicating in general.

And Bitdefender the one time I needed help it was in 2006, and I used their "Live Chat" and talked to a nice women. :)

3. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

I have only had to contact support a few times in the last decade and both went well. One was with Avast several months ago. I posted on their forum which is a wild place with lots of activity. It took them some time to track down my problem but they did eventually offer a fix for it. There are lots of helpful users on their forum, but the actual techs ended up helping me.

My other support incident was with Bullguard just a few months ago. I used their chat system and it was great. I had a very quick and professional interaction and got what I needed right away.

I normally use Eset and have never had a problem that required me to officially contact their support operation. I have posted several questions on things I was interested in to their forum. The Eset employees and general forum members have always been very responsive to my general questions. I think Eset has excellent official support and a helpful community of users.

4. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

In terms of software.....

When Online Armor was owned by Tall Emu, I was always impressed with the personalized attention and service that Mike Nash and staff provided.

Believe it or not, I've found McAfee's forum to be very friendly, courteous, and helpful as well. In the past I've found that when you ask a question there, it will be answered in a timely manner (unlike some other forums...).

WinPatrol has always provided good customer service as well. Although there are very rarely issues that come up with WinPatrol that requires attention, when they do, Bill Pytlovany and company do a very good job of answering questions in an in-depth and timely fashion.

In terms of physical products.....

Dell and Canon are two companies that provide excellent customer service, once you've purchased their products. The same could be said for Honda Motor Company.

In terms of brick and mortar retail businesses, I've always been pleased with the customer service that places like Best Buy, Kohl's Department Stores, and Bass Pro Shops, among others, provide.

5. guest

guest Guest

Not from an AV or suite, but I'll say it anyway. :p

There was once a problematic Sandboxie release. After some reports from the users, it turned out that it was a conflict with Avast. Soon after, Tzuk re-released Sandboxie just to fix this one problem.

Tzuk... :thumb:

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

For me personally.
    I would say Mr greg Salvato from privacyware.

Unfortunately i was having issues with privatefirewall which i never could get resolved but the support from greg via email was absolutely superb and he tried his very hardest to help me.

7. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

GFI (Sunbelt software) Vipre is the best that I have ever dealt with. I have also had good luck with Webroot, Hitman Pro and Emisoft.

8. siketa

siketa Registered Member

NoVirusThanks
    :thumb:

9. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

+ for Webroot. Normally I submit a lot files for whitelisting (I use some less-than-popular softwares and updates) each week, and they does it within couple of hours. Any account related changes in Webroot, like removing or adding new PC or license related problems are dealt very swiftly. Once I got an reply within 4 min. (back in the old days of Prevx).

Support with Zemana was also quick, so far all replies made within 1 day, being a relatively small company that sure seems nice. Sometimes I contacted Erik from surfright (Hitman Pro), and he sure was prompt, replying within couple of minutes. So basically I've had good experience with AV companies.

10. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! GFI-Sunbelt...Webroot...and Emsisoft. Very Customer Focused Companies! Sincerely...Securon

11. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I would have to say Blue Ridge Networks would have to considered one of the best I have dealt with. Quarri also provides top notch service in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.