Custom installation path

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Kingy, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingy

Kingy Registered Member

This product is really interesting me at the moment but I was just wondering if anybody could tell me more about the new Custom Virtual Partition installation path. Is there anywhere with a step by step guide for setting this up and what the possible pitfalls of doing something like this would be. Cheers.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Kingy and welcome :)
    This new feature is accessible from the VP installation screen during the install or the same screen using the repair in the Uninstaller. You can choose a non-default directory (default being the system partition) or drive as well as a non-default letter designation (default = "Z").

The only caution here would be to make sure the alternate drive you select for storing the VP be one that is available when you boot Windows, especially if you activate the option to mount the VP with Windows... (EX: alternate partition on a single harddrive, USB mass storage drive is pluged into the computer and turned on, etc).

Mike

3. Kingy

Kingy Registered Member

Coldmoon, will there be an updated manual to incorporate the new features in 2.0.1?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Yes, the manual has been updated in 201 but specific instructions for entering a different installation path for the VP is not included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.