Cursor won't show up when I check certain things in msconfig.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Converse, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Converse

Converse Registered Member

Awhile ago my computer was infected with something, and I was instructed to go to ‘msconfig’ and uncheck the following items:

‘Process System.ini file
    Process Win.ini file
    Load startup group items’

Now I did what I had to do with these things off, but now when I turn them back on, my mouse cursor doesn’t show up. My computer works fine when I turn them on, but I just can’t see my little mouse arrow. I can still use the keyboard and go to the internet, and everything, but it’s useless if I can’t type anything.

When I go BACK to msconfig and turn those three items off, my cursor suddenly shows back up. Does anybody know how to fix this? I think having those three things off is messing up my colors, as well as other things.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"System.ini....Win.ini"

Win9X is your OS ?
    What type mouse ?

If it's a regular Microsoft PS2 type mouse....I suggest you go into Control Panel\System....remove the mouse....reboot and let Windows find the mouse again....which should then make the proper entries in the system.ini\win.ini files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.