Current status of TI 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorne, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I have been away from this forum for a few weeks and wanted to catch up.

Can anyone tell me what the perception of the latest TI9.0 build is. How confident are you guys that it is now at a reasonably mature state? Or, perhaps the acid test; would you recommend the latest build to anyone?

Thanks.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

foghorne:

Here's a decent place to start reading: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=109930 Seeing the name of the original poster should tell you that at least some of it is good reading.

I've tested backups of all kinds successfully from within Windows ONLY, with and without verify ON and on both internal IDE and SATA and external USB hard drives. I've burned a rescue CD but haven't tried it. And, lastly but not "leastly", I've only tried (with success) to restore some randomly selected folders from my system drive, no full image restores yet.

So, I've got a ways to go, especially with restore, on my testing before the jury's in for me. I will say that I haven't encountered one corrupted backup problem YET whereas I had many before.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

crofttk, many thanks.

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

No problem. Hopefully, my 2nd 250 GB SATA hard drive will finally be delivered today and I'll get a convenient opportunity to seriously test out restores and cloning with TI 9.

5. bvolk

bvolk Guest

I restored my system drive twice (for real!), once with build 2302 and once with 2323. Used Rescue CD, had no trouble. None of the 12 images I created since upgrading to TI9 showed corrupt when checked both from Win and from Rescue CD.

I make only full backups and store them on the second internal drive (no Secure Zone) - both drives are SATA. The machine is a plain home user hp desktop, new, with WinXP SP2, no frills, no special software for system management. I don't use the USB drive with TI9 now. I'm quite happy with this solution.

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I have to agree that TI 9, build 2323 in particular is greatly improved. Running a scheduled task does not appear to be totally reliable (TI8 was) in that it may or may not run at the scheduled time. Manually starting the process works fine.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bruce Mahnke,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

What location have you selected for your backup archive?

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Hello Alexey,
    Thank you for your response. I am however having problems applying your instructions for creating the report schedreport.txt.

Downloaded schedmgr.exe to c:\Temp\Acronis\schedmgr.exe.

Start > Run > cmd opened to a prompt c:\Documents and Settings\[user name]. This appeared to be a default and I have not as yet been able to determine a switch to use to direct it to c:\Temp\Acronis\schedmgr.exe where the file is located.

Went to c:\Temp\Acronis\schedmgr.exe where I placed the downloaded file and executed it.

In your instructions you enter the expression schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt. I could not get this to work after trying several approaches but admittedly I don’t understand the significance of the term > in this expression.

An example of the existing problem:

12/12/2005 created a very basic scheduled task to run every day at 02:15 AM CST. This is a full backup image of an internal (Disk 1) C: drive (P-ATA) to an internal D: drive (P-ATA). Both drives have a single partition. The final destination for the image is selected as D:\0_PC2 True Image\Scheduled.tib. Normal compression was selected. The operating system is Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2. Using True Image 9, build 2323. No passwords exist on this PC so the password prompt in setup was left blank. No other events are scheduled to run at the selected time with the possible exception of Symantec ‘netdetect’ an integral component of Norton AntiVirus. I have no knowledge that this occurred.

12/13/2005 Scheduled backup expected to run at 0215 AM did not run.

12/13/2005 Manually started this same backup at 09:12 AM and it ran correctly to completion

I will continue to try to create the report files that you suggested but any additional thoughts that you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.