Current Stable ver of GreenBorder

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Accolite, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accolite

Accolite Registered Member

Does anyone here have any experience with a current or recent version of GreenBorder or GB Pro +/-SafeFiles?

I know the dev post here so... I am looking for IMPARTIAL views please :D.

What are its pros and cons?
    What is it like on system resources?
    Is it compatible with Opera/K-Meleon? (They Claim FireFox and IE7 on their website, but I cannot find a FAQ, or anything about other browsers).

In one review I have read (which may not be completely exhaustive, see here) it was the only "sandbox" to get 100%. That being said, the test that SandBoxie failed to put it in 2nd place, IMO, was not one to worry about.

Which brings me to the next question...

How does it comapre with SandBoxie, or "insert alternative here"?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Re: Curent Stable ver of GreenBorder

Current Stable ver of GreenBorder- I honestly dont think there has ever been one, has there?

3. Accolite

that good eh?

I had only just come across them from the article listed, which is why I asked. I mentioned stable, because I found the recent article about the Beta II.

However, that doesn't really answer any of my questions, but does suggest you disapprove.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

true.
    Dislikes- everytime Antivir would start to do a scheduled scan it would be encompassed in the Greenborder Green, which is not good. After removing Greenborder, it leaves behind a folder in your documents and seetings, application data that they could not even remove. This kept Nod from scanning. Had to reformat so yes a little bitter.

Like- it works well for what it is designed for. I used it with Firefox and left IE open for updates. It kept all cookies and creme off very well..

Wont use it again though.

5. Accolite

well I may "trial" it on my laptop (non-critical). So if it does FUBAR it won't be a major.

Infact, I don't think I am running ANY security SW on my laptop ATM, so nothing for it to conflict with :cool:.

I certainly like the idea behind it. tTe idea of a visual border, I think is very good. It just depends on its implementation. I will try it with opera and see if it works.

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm not sure if it's the same, but BufferZone leaves a folder behind as well. I was trialing NOD and as soon as I took BZ off my computer, NOD refused to update. Plus the NOD signature list reverted to the number it had when I first downloaded it. All I remember is it was something about a 'temp' file not being accessible. Everything worked fine until I removed BufferZone, about a week and a half into the NOD trial. I did not download or run NOD in Bufferzone, so can't claim that as a reason.

7. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

NOD should not be in the Bufferzone, as it cannot "see" confidential or trusted files. i ran Bufferzone & Nod32 (NOD being installed and running outside of the 'zone), with no scanning or update issues, even after uninstalling Bufferzone.

and to answer the original posters question: i can't, i have never used Greenborder, and after reading reviews here, i will stay clear of it. i do recommend Bufferzone Free for securing browsers, and it is compatible with Oprah 9.10. which is my browser of choice.

Mike

8. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

I removed BufferZone version 1.90 before installation of version 2.10 using the "Uninstall BufferZone" included on its Program files.

At the conclusion of the removal, the option was offered "to keep the virtual folders for your convenience" and since I would be installing the new version,
    I did not remove them.

(Noticed that before installing BufferZone 2.10, that they no longer had red borders.)

AntiVir Classic's Guard Page shows scanning of all files opened within the BufferZone.

9. Accolite

thanks, i'll take a look at both sandboxie and bufferzone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.