Current major problems with v.4.xx?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by E-Buzz, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I am a VERY satisfied user of NOD32 earlier, and now ESS v.3.xx. I was very pleased to find out that v.4.xx of ESS was released and immediately downloaded it and prepared for a change to the new version. But first, i ran to the Wilder forum to check if there might be a problem or two with the new version. I´m running Vista Ultimate x64 btw, Core2 Quad Q6600, 4 gigs of RAM and a somewhat old Nvidia GT8800 with 512 mb memory.

To my disappointment i found out that there seems to be a few major problems with the new version, despite the fact that some people seems to have no problems at all. So, my questions is:

1. What major problems seems to be current with the new version?
    2. Is x64 operating systems affected worse than the 32 bit equivalents?
    3. Can i have a beer and a shot of whiskey to my table, please?

Thanx in advance for your answers!

Greetings from an expat in Turkey.

2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

You'd be better off stickin' with the beer and whiskey for a while.

I think there are more people with major and/or minor problems than there are people with no problems.

Most of my issues are so minor they're almost trivial. The only major problem I had was that it messed up my NIC drivers or something. Had to uninstall the NIC, reboot, reboot, then pull the plug before I got the NIC working again.

Flip around the threads for a awhile. You'll see that there are so many major bugs with ESS 4.0 that there's too many to list.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Thanks a bunch for info, i think i will stick with v3.zxx for A WHILE

4. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

64 bit windows ALWAYS has much more problems comparing to 32 bit

5. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

No it doesn't, if anything its due to lazy Dev's not making Drivers/Apps supporting it.

32bit is old hat and ideally will die of with Windows 7 (but won't).

Reading your post here and in other section I can see you love ESET so I will not comment any further. :rolleyes:

6. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I agree with you on the 32/64 bit issue, indeed.

And yes, i´m a hardcore Eset fan, the applications has always served me to the best possible level. That´s why a feel a bit of frustration facing the problems with 4.xx version :(

7. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

This is going to read like a not-helpful cliche, but my ESET Vendor stated ["Windows 2000, XP and Vista all are fine here (even x64). They have never had any other AV on them except for (our) creating cleaners to remove them at the Corporate level."]

Having paid my new-computer-seller to Wipe my machine of Norton and the typical new-computer-junk apps, ESET SysInspector (recently) Still Showed Symantec in my machine. Running Norton Uninstaller and Deleting specific Drivers in the Device Mgr "Non-Plug and Play" section FIXED my horrible Time-outs problem when accessing common web sites (XP SP3 x32). Outlook Errors disappeared, too. V3 was always Perfect and no previous ESET upgrade was ever an issue.

You ought to try V4 AFTER using every "Old App" Uninstaller Cleaner-upper you can think of. Worst case, revert back to V3 until you read of a Fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.