Curious problem running some Chrome browsers with Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by djg05, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have been looking around at other browsers based on chrome. Some of them like SRWare Iron, Slepneir, Superbird seem to object to SB in that they run slower and cannot connect to Google. Others such a Opera Next, Coolnovo have no problem.

I have asked about this on the SB forum but no response, so am wondering if anyone here has come across this and know the reason why.

Thanks

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Had a play around with some settings and found that the f/w was blocking most of them, however Slepnier still will not run under SB.

Also another problem I have found with all the chrome browsers I have tried is that if you right click to open in a new tab it is always a background tab. Is there a setting to make take the focus?

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Are you running those under Sandboxie to try them out without affecting your system? Otherwise once you settle with one, do note it won't be essential against malware. That's all I'm going to say on this due to the volatile and discussed to death nature of that topic.

Have you checked out all the compatibility settings under Sandboxie? Slepnier may just be incompatible. As for the new tab issue, that is the default behaviour. There is no way to change it without installing an extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.