curious before reinstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by drhayden1, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhayden1

drhayden1 Registered Member

i used spyware blaster in the past....and was curious.....i use spy sweeper and ad-aware se plus(both the retail version)and have real time protection(running in backgound)on both.....and also have ewido(real time not on)just as a scanner................is spyware blaster considered real time protection......if so....will it conflict with the other programs i have:gack:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No, SWB is considered passive protection as it is not a running process.

It should be fine with what u are running but if there is a protection issue after installation(some entries will not stay enabled) it's most likely a Spysweeper issue so refer to here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=113841

snowbound

3. drhayden1

thanks...........did'nt think i would....NEVER HAD BEFORE..........have a good one:cool: :thumb:

4. snowbound

U too and you're welcome. :)

snowbound

5. drhayden1

thanks again........i installed spyware blaster.......will keep it for sure.....one more question.........when i click on update and check for new update or just enable all protection.......my retail spy sweeper is denying its says IE Security Shield: found:C:/PROGRAM FILES/SPYWAREBLASTER/SPYWAREBLASTER.EXE-IE Security modification denied.........am i still getting protection from spyware blaster.....its says all is enabled.........or what is thiso_Oo_Oany concern...........:blink:

6. drhayden1

is that what you told me to see in forum about turning off ie security shield or disable all of spy sweeper....before updating spyware blaster and then turn back on(spy sweeper)........after spyware blaster update.........

7. snowbound

AS long as SWB indicates protection is enabled then it's fine. If problems do arise(some protection becomes disabled) then yes try following the instructions at that link.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.