Curious about the "news" at top of page

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by MikeBCda, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Leave it to me to come up with questions no one else thinks of, right? ;)

I'm interested in those "News:" lines with links at the top of each page. They change quite frequently (but within a fairly small collection) -- I assume they're part of your YaBB setup, automatically "rotated" quite frequently in more or less the same manner that you can set up screen-savers to rotate among a collection.

Or does one of you have to frantically remember to break off frequently from whatever you're doing to change them? Maybe a Pavlovian-type association with each time you blink? :D

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hey mike,
    lol @ Mike Like questions :D :D

anyways... i do think it gets itself refreshed with page refreshment... and there must be some count keeping the number of members registering as it seems its the only that is a variable there other being constant NEWS ;)

Go on Mike

thx

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, it is part of the YaBB SE software and the items are selected in rotation. The rotation however is from the server side for each page request. So, an individual might get the same one a few times in a row or may rarely see one, all really just by luck. This is the current list of all News items:

4. nei1

nei1 Registered Member

[move]This is only a test [/move]

Dear Wild,

On page www.wilderssecurity.com/securitynews.html ,

I recommend including the dates next to the headlines.

(who, what, where, why, and when)

Thanks,
    --Neil--

Attachment deleted. For two reasons. IM me if you are unsure about either. - Pieter

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I'll second that motion, now that Neil's brought it up -- I was aware that something was missing, but couldn't put my finger on it. It would be useful to know whether a specific item is late-breaking news, or more along the lines of an ongoing concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.