Cumulative Patch

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by snowman, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman

snowman Guest

ok,,here we go again.   I just installed the patch..rebooted....an now find urls for M$ uploading on my machine......one on particular (www.windows media.msn.com) has long ago been blocked...an now it connects   (but never again)   the thing is..I don't have windows media player installed!!

yet another url...which I wont list just now...when block..prevents me from accessing numerous websites...this I find extremely strange behavior.....so strange that later I will install a sniffer an do some tracking........

I made this thread just in case anyone else noticed any strange behavior......oh, for the second time..after updating my setting in "zones" has changed....."submit non-encrypted forms" enabled (was set to "prompt"

I just have had it with this patch nonsense....this will be the last one I install.....just can't trust M$.....

snowman

2. snowman

snowman Guest

PAUL

in case you see this thread......since I installed the "patch"  <wilders.org> is now a blank page!

I haven't done anything other than install the patch!      (I'll find a work around)

snowman

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

I do know MSoft and us did have some differences in the past; seems they have started to use the big guns now  :D.

Kidding aside: looks like these patches will secure one's system in the end - by actually making the net practically unreachable. That's one way of doing it...

regards.

paul

4. snowman

snowman Guest

Paul

well this is really something......the sites I don't want connecting to my computer...are connecting.....an the sites I do want to access..I can't.........now a guy just has to lov M$.............

snowman

5. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Would you care to elaborate?   :eek:

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

snowman,

MSoft surely works in mysterious ways!

Checkout,

Just kidding  ;)

regards.

paul  

7. snowman

snowman Guest

not so mysterious after all....oh well

snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.